Sweet treats are always a favourite here at The Providore, but after all that Christmas feasting, a healthier sweet option is much needed!
This beautiful and delicious Mixed Berry & Apple Crunch Crumble is just the answer! Made with super-convenient frozen berries, fresh apples and our very own Luxury muesli, this amazing crumble is best served with some organic yoghurt.
For the filling
400g My Berries frozen mixed berries
175g The Providore brown sugar
For the topping
225g plain flour
55g The Providore brown sugar
125g The Providore luxury muesli
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400F/Gas 6.
- Peel, core and chop the apples into small chunks. Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice over the apple and mix well. This not only adds flavour but prevents the freshly peeled apples from turning brown.
- Layer the apples, berries, and sugar in a large pie dish (a lasagna dish is ideal).
- Place the flour in a large bowl and then rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs – leave a few lumps of butter so that the topping is not too fine. Add the muesli and the sugar and mix through.
- Use a spoon to sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the fruit. Bake for 45 minutes or until the fruit is cooked and bubbling juices seep through the topping.
- Cool for a few minutes and then serve with yoghurt (unsweetened or Greek).
P.S. For a more decadent treat, serve with some custard or fresh cream!