Have some leftover turkey from your Christmas dinner? You don’t have to stick to boring Turkey sandwiches. This gorgeous yet easy-to-make pie is a great way of feeding a crowd whilst using up the Christmas turkey!
200g of honey glazed ham, roughly chopped
A few sprigs of fresh thyme leaves picked from the stem
2 sprigs of fresh sage chopped
1 kg leeks washed and sliced into chunks
Ground black pepper
800 g turkey meat, cut into big chunks
2 heaped tablespoons of plain flour
2 pints of chicken stock (we recommend Stock Merchant)
2 tablespoons of crème fraîche
2 packets of Carême Pastry all butter puff pastry (available at The Providore)
1 egg, beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 °C/375 F/ gas 5.
- Put your ham in a large pan on a medium heat and add your thyme and sage leaves.
- Add a glug of olive oil and let it fry off for a few minutes. Add the leeks and fry for a further 3 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and then put the lid on and turn down the heat, allow to cook gently for around 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- When the leeks are ready, add the turkey meat to them and stir. Add the flour, mix it in well then pour in the stock and stir again. Add the crème fraîche then turn the heat up and bring everything to a gentle boil. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the turkey mixture into one or two oven proof dishes as required.
- Top with the ready rolled all butter pastry and brush with the beaten egg.
- Put the pie in the oven for about 35 – 40 minutes or until the pastry is puffed up and golden brown. Delicious served with buttered peas!