Delicious Pancakes with Noble Maple Syrup 01 and soft fruit
Planning to eat in this coming weekend? Here’s a simple and delicious recipe for pancakes and maple syrup, the perfect choice for a romantic brunch in bed (just before Valentine’s!)
100 g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
25g caster sugar
pinch of salt
125 ml milk
Drizzle of sunflower oil, for greasing
1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl, add the sugar and salt and stir to mix.
2. Make a well in the centre, crack in the egg and whisk, gradually drawing in the flour from the edge. Add the milk gradually, whisking all the time, to form a smooth batter.
3. Lightly grease a frying pan and warm it over a moderate heat. Drop 3 tablespoons of the batter into the pan, keeping them well apart so they don’t stick together.
4. Cook for about 2 minutes, until bubbles appear on the surface and the pancakes are golden beneath (and not before).
5. Then flip them over and cook on the other side for a minute or so, until golden on this side as well.
6. Remove from the pan and serve warm with a generous drizzle of Noble maple syrup and a scatter of soft fruit.